Easy DIYs are the BEST! Especially if they can be used for that last minute gift that you forgot to buy. We’ve all had those at some stage, haven’t we 🙂 This one is so easy and can turn a relatively boring jar (or anything else you’d like) into a lovely gift. Of course, you may not want to give them away once you’re done.
We really love vanilla candles and our current ones are “well-used”, so when I saw these cute candles in a jar I knew that I had my next craft!
All you need is:
- Jars, glasses or bottles to revamp
- Masking tape
What to do:
- Make sure that the surface you will be spraying is clean.
- Place masking tape around your jar in the shape that you want. I made one straight, one is slightly curved and the last has a sharp point.
- Tape newspaper onto the first piece of tape to cover the rest of your jar.
- Depending on your spray-paint, it is often best to rather do two coats of thin paint. Trying to get full coverage in one go often leads to thick sections of paint which can run and leave bumps.
Simple right? Keeping a good can of spray-paint around seems like a good idea.
Now we just need some loadshedding* to have an excuse to use them.
*For those outside South Africa loadshedding is this silly thing in SA at the moment where our electricity can get turned off because there isn’t enough to supply the whole country. Generally though, SA is great! You should totally come visit.